Terms and Conditions
1. Description of Service
Paid Surveys Kenya is a service (the “Service”) owned and offered by Simba Survey. Paid Surveys Kenya currently provides users with access to a rich collection of resources including various communications tools, forums, shopping services, personalized content and branded programming through its network of properties. You also understand and agree that the Service may include advertisements and that these advertisements are necessary for Paid Surveys Kenya to provide the Service. You also understand and agree that the service may include certain communications from Paid Surveys Kenya and Paid Surveys Kenya Research, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Paid Surveys Kenya Newsletter, and that these communications are considered part of Paid Surveys Kenya membership and you will not be able to opt out of receiving them. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new Paid Surveys Kenya properties, shall be subject to the Terms and Conditions. You understand and agree that the Service is provided “AS-IS” and that Paid Surveys Kenya assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. You are responsible for obtaining access to the Service and that access may involve third party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements and other content. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Service.
2. Your Registration Obligations
In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of Kenya or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service’s registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”) and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Paid Surveys Kenya has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Paid Surveys Kenya has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof). Paid Surveys Kenya is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users, particularly children. For this reason, you must be at least 18 years old to create a Paid Surveys Kenya account.
4. Member Account, Password and Security
You will be required to set a password and account designation upon completing the Service’s Registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify Paid Surveys Kenya of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security,and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Paid Surveys Kenya cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
5. Member Conduct
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that the poster, and not Paid Surveys Kenya, are entirely responsible for all Content that they upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. Paid Surveys Kenya does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content.You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Paid Surveys Kenya be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service. Posters agree to not use the Service to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene,libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. When submitting a review of a service company you have hired you must provide only factual information based on your personal experience;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Paid Surveys Kenya official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”)of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,””pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt,destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another; or
- collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge that Paid Surveys Kenya may not pre-screen Content, but that Paid Surveys Kenya and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or move any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Paid Surveys Kenya and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the Terms and Conditions or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content submitted to Paid Surveys Kenya, including without limitation information in Paid Surveys Kenya Message Boards, and in all other parts of the Service.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that Paid Surveys Kenya may access, preserve, and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the Terms and Conditions; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Paid Surveys Kenya,its users and the public.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
You understand that the Service and software embodied within the Service may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by Paid Surveys Kenya and/or content providers who provide content to the Service. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into the Service. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication,further distribution or public exhibition of the materials provided on the Service,in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
6. Content Submitted or Made Available for Inclusion on the Service
Paid Surveys Kenya does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service, you grant Paid Surveys Kenya the following world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license(s), as applicable:
- With respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of Paid Surveys Kenya, the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Service solely for the purposes of providing and promoting Paid Surveys Kenya. This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on the Service and will terminate at the time you remove or Paid Surveys Kenya removes such Content from the Service.
- With respect to photos, graphics, audio or video you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible area of the Service, the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Service solely for the purpose for which such Content was submitted or made available. This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on the Service and will terminate at the time you remove or Paid Surveys Kenya removes such Content from the Service.
- With respect to Content other than photos, graphics, audio or video you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service, the perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content(in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
“Publicly accessible” areas of the Service are those areas of the Paid Surveys Kenya network of properties that are intended by Paid Surveys Kenya to be available to the general public. By way of example, publicly accessible areas of the Service would include Paid Surveys Kenya Message Boards that are open to both members and visitors.
You agree to indemnify and hold Paid Surveys Kenya, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the Terms and Conditions, or your violation of any rights of another.
8. No Resale of Service
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service (including your Paid Surveys Kenya I.D.), use of the Service, or access to the Service.
9. General Practices Regarding Use and Storage
You acknowledge that Paid Surveys Kenya may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service, including without limitation the maximum number of days that messages, message board postings or other uploaded Content will be retained by the Service, the maximum number of messages that may be sent from or received by an account on the Service, the maximum size of any message that may be sent from or received by an account on the Service, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on Paid Surveys Kenya’s servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Service in a given period of time. You agree that Paid Surveys Kenya has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that Paid Surveys Kenya reserves the right to log off accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that Paid Surveys Kenya reserves the right to modify these general practices and limits from time to time.
10. Modifications to Service
Paid Surveys Kenya reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.You agree that Paid Surveys Kenya shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
You agree that Paid Surveys Kenya may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your Paid Surveys Kenya account, any associated email address and/ or phone number, and access to the Service. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of the Terms and Conditions or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by you (self-initiated account deletions), (d) discontinuance or material modification to the Service (or any part thereof), (e) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, and (f) extended periods of inactivity. Termination of your Paid Surveys Kenya account includes (a) removal of access to all offerings within the Service,(b) deletion of your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof), (c) forfeiture of any pending cash balances in your account, and (d) barring further use of the Service. Further, you agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in Paid Surveys Kenya’s sole discretion and that Paid Surveys Kenya shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your account, any associated email address, or access to the Service.
12. Paid Surveys Kenya’s Proprietary Rights
You acknowledge and agree that the Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service (“Software”) contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained information presented to you through the Service is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by Paid Surveys Kenya, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software,in whole or in part.
Paid Surveys Kenya grants you a personal, nontransferable and nonexclusive right and license to use the object code of its Software on a single computer or mobile device; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. You agree not to modify the Software in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Service. You Agree not to access the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Paid Surveys Kenya for use in accessing the Service.
13. Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. PAID SURVEYS KENYA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON- INFRINGEMENT.
- PAID SURVEYS KENYA MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM PAID SURVEYS KENYA THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE Terms and Conditions.
- A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF USERS MAY EXPERIENCE EPILEPTIC SEIZURES WHEN EXPOSED TO CERTAIN LIGHT PATTERNS OR BACKGROUNDS ON A COMPUTER SCREEN, MOBILE DEVICE OR WHILE USING THE SERVICE. CERTAIN CONDITIONS MAY INDUCE PREVIOUSLY UNDETECTED EPILEPTIC SYMPTOMS EVEN IN USERS WHO HAVE NO HISTORY OF PRIOR SEIZURES OR EPILEPSY. IF YOU, OR ANYONE IN YOUR FAMILY, HAVE AN EPILEPTIC CONDITION, CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN PRIOR TO USING THE SERVICE. IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICE AND CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS WHILE USING THE SERVICE — DIZZINESS, ALTERED VISION,EYE OR MUSCLE TWITCHES, LOSS OF AWARENESS, DISORIENTATION, ANY INVOLUNTARY MOVEMENT,OR CONVULSIONS.
14. Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT PAID SURVEYS KENYA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF PAID SURVEYS KENYA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
15. Exclusions and Limitations
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS 15 AND 16 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
16. No Third Party Beneficiaries
You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this Terms and Conditions, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
Paid Surveys Kenya may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms and Conditions, by either email, mobile push notifications, text messages or postings on the Service.
18. Trademark Information
Paid Surveys Kenya, the Paid Surveys Kenya logo and other Paid Surveys Kenya logos and product and service names are trademarks of Simba Survey (the “Paid Surveys Kenya Marks”). Without Simba Survey’s prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner any of these marks. All other logos, marks, and names are the exclusive property of their respective owners.
19. General Information
The Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Paid Surveys Kenya and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Paid Surveys Kenya. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use or purchase certain other Paid Surveys Kenya services, affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software.
Choice of Law and Forum.
The Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and Paid Surveys Kenya shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Kenya without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Paid Surveys Kenya agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Nairobi, Kenya.
Waiver and Severability of Terms.
The failure of Paid Surveys Kenya to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision,and the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect.
No Right of Survivorship and Non-Transferability.
You agree that your Paid Surveys Kenya account is non-transferable and any rights to your Paid Surveys Kenya I.D., earnings or contents within your account terminate upon your death. Upon receipt of a copy of a death certificate, your account may be terminated and all contents therein permanently deleted.
Statute of Limitations.
You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary ,any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the Terms and Conditions must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
The section titles in the Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
Please report any violations of the Terms and Conditions to our Support Team.
This Terms and Conditions were last updated October 31, 2017.